Jhajjar Power Station

Jhajjar Power Station

Jhajjar Power Station is one of India's largest supercritical coal-fired power plants. Its two 660MW units were completed on time and within budget in 2012. The use of supercritical technology increases energy efficiency and so reduces carbon intensity. We also decided to install flue gas desulphurisation equipment to reduce the environmental impact of our operations. Jhajjar sells 90% of its output to the State of Haryana and the remaining capacity to Tata Power.

CLP has a 60% indirect equity ownership in Jhajjar Power Limited held through CLP India. Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) indirectly owns the remaining 40% through its equity stake in CLP India.

CLP's Equity Interest
60
%
Gross Capacity
1,320
MW
CLP's Equity Capacity
792
MW

Type

Coal

Location

Haryana, India

Ownership

Jhajjar Power Limited

Equity Interest

  • CLP – 60%​​​​
  • CDPQ – 40%